Duke MBA (Fuqua) Profile
Our Duke MBA profile will supply you with the basic information you need when considering applying to Duke MBA. Our Admission Consultants are happy to help you decide if Duke is the right school for you.
|Application Periods:||Application Deadline:||Interview Invitations Sent By:||Notification from board:|
|Early Action||September 18, 2013||October 8, 2013||October 30, 2013|
|Round 1||October 21, 2013||November 20, 2013||December 30, 2013|
|Round 2||January 6, 2014||February 6, 2014||March 13, 2014|
|Round 3||March 21, 2014||April 9, 2014||May 9, 2014|
Required Short Answer Questions (250 characters or about 50 words each)
1. What are your short-term goals, post-MBA?
2. What are your long-term goals?
3. Life is full of uncertainties, and plans and circumstances can change. As a result, navigating a career requires you to be adaptable. Should the short-term goals that you provided above not materialize what alternative directions have you considered?
1. The "Team Fuqua" spirit and community is one of the things that sets The Duke MBA experience apart, and it is a concept that extends beyond the student body to include faculty, staff, and administration. When a new person joins the Admissions team, we ask that person to share with everyone in the office a list of "25 Random Things About Yourself." As an Admissions team, we already know the new hire's professional and academic background, so learning these "25 Random Things" helps us get to know someone's personality, background, special talents, and more.
In this spirit, the Admissions Committee also wants to get to know you—beyond the professional and academic achievements listed in your resume and transcript. You can share with us important life experiences, your likes/dislikes, hobbies, achievements, fun facts, or anything that helps us understand what makes you who you are. Share with us your list of "25 Random Things" about YOU.
Please present your response in list form, numbered 1 to 25. Some points may be only a few words, while others may be longer. Your complete list should not exceed 2 pages.
2. When asked by your family, friends, and colleagues why you want to go to Duke, what do you tell them? Share the reasons that are most meaningful to you.
Your response to this essay question should be no more than 2 pages in length. Please respond fully and concisely using 1.5 line spacing.
If you feel there are extenuating circumstances of which the Admissions Committee should be aware, please explain them in an optional essay (e.g. unexplained gaps in work, choice of recommenders, inconsistent or questionable academic performance, or any significant weakness in your application). 2 pages maximum.
Full-time Class of 2013
|Total Enrollment:||approx. 443|
|GMAT Score Range:||660-720 (middle)|
|Average GRE Q||Not Published|
|Average GRE V||Not Published|
|Average GPA||Not Published|
|Business/Accounting/I-Banking:||18%||Engineering and IT:||5%|
|Consulting and Government:||28%|
Post-MBA Career (Class of 2012)
|Industry:||Percent:||Median Base Salary:|
|Strategic Business Planning||3%||$115,000|
|Sales & Trading||2%||$100,000|
|Commercial Banking||<1%||Not Published|
|Ventrue Capital||<1%||Not Published|
|Equity Research||<1%||Not Published|
|Private Client Services||<1%||Not Published|
|Private Equity||<1%||Not Published|
|Management Development Program||3%||105,000|
|Leadership Development||<1%||Not Published|
|Market Research||<1%||Not Published|
|Accepted Offer by Graduation||83%||68%||64%||77%||80%|
|Accepted Offer 3 months out||92%||76%||77%||88%||Not Available|
|Median Base Salary||$95,500||$100,000||$100,000||$101,400||$103,000|
|Median Signing Bonus||$20,000||$20,000||$20,000||$25,000||$25,000|
|U.S. Minority||Not Published|
|Latin America and the Caribbean||8%|
|Mean Work Experience||62 months|
|Recommended Annual Budget (Resident)||$71,859.00|
|Recommended Annual Budget (Nonresident)||$71,859.00|
|Total Living Alumni||14,874|
|MBA/MEM (Environmental Management)|
|MBA/MPP (Public Policy)|